CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 24, 2007

Giraffes and Ladybugs



Rick was gone last night and so I sat down to work on my laptop and gave the kids paper and pens and told them to draw me some pictures.


Now usually when this happens I get one really full sheet of "monsters" drawn by RJ and lots and lots of pages with one scribble on each of them "drawn" by Heidi.


Today was different. They both spent a really long time on one drawing and then proudly brought them to me for my approval. Heidi hands me hers and when I asked her what she drew, she paused for 10 seconds and then said "a ladybug?". I thought that it was a fantastic ladybug. :)


RJ was dancing back and forth. He was just so excited to show me his picture. It's almost as if he knew how good his picture was. He handed it to me and Heidi and I both looked at it at the same time. I was speechless (I know, I know, that almost never happens) and Heidi being the adorable little girl that she is said, "Oh RJ, that is a pretty giraffe" :)


And what a pretty giraffe it is, I love it so much, I think I'm going to have it framed for my bedroom.


-a

1 comments:

Sarah D said...

Amber,
Those are beautiful pictures! Your kids are so lucky to have a mother that treasures their artwork like you do!

Sarah