Thursday, February 7, 2008

Our Travels to Disney.......

Here's the first of what will be updates on our trip. This is primarily for my record keeping purposes as I don't want to forget one single thing from our trip. Every night before I sleep, I will be blogging every single little detail that I can remember from the day. I hope you have fun reading will be posted when we return home.

Wee Hours of the A.M. thursday february 7, 2008

I had a hard time sleeping due to the bronchitis we've all been battling. I finally laid down at 1:30 a.m. and we left at 3:00 a.m. to head for the airport.

I stayed awake the whole drive though because I was genuinely concerned that Rick was going to wreck and kill us all. He's been tired too, again due to the bronchitis. Both kids had no problem at all sleeping. I wish someone would strap me in, kiss me and say close your eyes and we'll be there before you know it. ahhhh, that would be nice.

We got to the airport and things had changed so much since the last time that I had been there. I really really liked the old fashioned paper tickets. This "print your ticket information at home and bring it with you, then swipe your CC and we'll print you a ticket made out of the flimsiest paper" crap really sucks. We had to wait a little while to check our bags, but I still had no complaints.

We headed to the security line. Oh good lord. (I was prepared. I had everything where and how it needed to be like a good girl) Heidi was not happy AT ALL that not only did she have to take her shoes off. Her NEW shoes that were just for Disney, but she had to (gasp!) stand up out of her stroller. The whining started. Then it happened. They needed "piggy" (the stuffed pig she brought with her) to go through the xray machine. I had to yank it from her and it was like a siren went off until the lady made sure we hadn't pumped piggy full of enough ammo to take down the whole plane. (Cause you know I seem that ambitious don't I?) She gave it back and miracuously Heidi was an angel from that point on. We waited at our gate while other kids rolled on the ground and mined for gold in their noses.

We had to do some seat switching once on board to get our seats together, but everyone was accomodating. The flight was uneventful. Heidi and I slept the entire time while Rick and RJ watched a woman completely ignore her child and let it do however it saw fit. That child shouldn't have been allowed out in public, let alone in an airplane.

I was very happy to have slept the whole time. Now while I'm not scared of flying per se, I don't enjoy it. I don't think the plane is going to crash. I truley don't. But there is something about hurling through open air space at 600 miles an hour at 35,000 feet that does make me wish it would go by quickly. Thankfully it did. Landing did cause some pressure problems in my ears (which has never happened before), but who cares, we were at Disney!
The towncar driver was standing with our name on a sign (which I thought was the coolest thing ever!) so we found him with no effort. We were checking into our resort 35 minutes later.

We have arrived! and it's only 11:15 in the morning.